Is this a bug or my fault?

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue Jul 12 08:28:49 PDT 2011

On 07/11/2011 05:35 PM, Nithyananthan Poosamani wrote:

> *error wpa_supplicant: 1 : Unexpected '(' found*
>
> *Is this a bug or did I make any fault?*

I don't see "found" after "Unexpected" in the wpa_supplicant sources.
This command gives no output:

grep -A 3 -r 'Unexpected' * | grep found

So I assume the message is not from wpa_supplicant.  It looks like the
OS interprets the binary you compiled as a shell script or something.
Run "file" command on both binaries to see what they are:

file wpa_supplicant

> Can any of you share the .config file and Makefile so that I can verify if
> any patches need to be done?

I don't think wpa_supplicant even runs on your system, so looking for
patches and configuration is premature.  I believe the defaults should
be sane.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin