wpa_supplicant needs to be restarted to associated with AP

J. Bakshi joydeep
Mon Jul 4 23:44:25 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have a functional network detector for my laptop, consists off ifplugd+guessnet and to auto connect with WIFI I also have WPA. To start the wpa at the beginning I have the following at /etc/rc.local

wpa_supplicant -B -Dnl80211 -iwlan0 -c  /usr/local/etc/my.wpa_supplicant.conf

When I start the laptop/power-on-wifi; based on the predefined AP; it successfully associated with it. But sometimes it does nothing. Then I have to kill the running wpa_supplicant and call it again by the above command and need to manually up the wlan0. Only then it starts working again. Is there any possible known issue at wpa_supplicant which causes this problem ?

Also like to know if there is any service in linux which monitors the WIFI unassociated and initialize a command preferably "ifup wlan0" which in my case auto-connect with the help of guessnet ?

Thanks