About how to configure hostapd.eap_user for eap-aka

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jan 24 03:23:02 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 09:45:26AM +0000, ? ? wrote:
> I couldn't uderstand eap-aka in hostapd.eap_user, I only need eap-aka for phase 1 and no phase 2.
> i don't know how to configure the following:
> # Default to EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA based on fixed identity prefixes
> "0"*  AKA,TTLS,TLS,PEAP,SIM
> "1"*  SIM,TTLS,TLS,PEAP,AKA
> "2"*  AKA,TTLS,TLS,PEAP,SIM
> "3"*  SIM,TTLS,TLS,PEAP,AKA
> "4"*  AKA,TTLS,TLS,PEAP,SIM
> "5"*  SIM,TTLS,TLS,PEAP,AKA

You can leave those as-is or if you know that you will only be using
EAP-AKA, you can simplify that to be as follows:

"0"*	AKA
"2"*	AKA
"4"*	AKA

These are used to select EAP-AKA based on the standard user identity
values used for it. This is all for Phase 1. Please note that you will
then need to configure hlr_auc_gw with the actual authentication
parameters for AKA.