EAP-TLS for wired network not receiving EAPOL packets

Harshil Anil Kumar Shah Harshil_Shah
Tue Jan 18 04:29:15 PST 2011

Sorry... Subject was incorrect in previous mail.

Hi,

I want to run EAP-TLS on wired network using cisco 2960G switch.
Earlier, It was working successfully.

But suddenly, it stopped working
i.e. When I start wpa_supplicant,  it shows "Associated with 01:80:c2:00:00:03" then halts for sometimes and stops saying "CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed".

This is my wpa_supplicant.conf,

ctrl_interface =/ var /run / wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group =0
ap_scan =0
network ={
key_mgmt = IEEE8021X
eap = TLS
identity ="root"
anonymous_identity =" anonymous at example .com"
password ="whatever "
ca_cert ="/ etc / cert /ca.pem "
priority =2
eapol_flags =0
}

I visited couple of forums, I found that entry in /proc/net/dev_mcast needs to be verified :

4       eth0           1       0       0180c2000003

Which is missing in my case.

So should I just add this line to it and test?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshil A. Shah,
Convergence Labs, SETLabs
Infosys Technologies Limited | Bangalore
Mob # : +91 97428 87966.

Infosys e-mail system.