Crash with valgrind output.

Ben Greear greearb
Wed Feb 16 14:14:43 PST 2011

On 02/16/2011 02:09 PM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 01:08:27PM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
>> Hrm, I think I found the problem:  My install script
>> wasn't properly stopping wpa_supplicant, and it was writing
>> over the supplicant libraries and binary files.  Seems that
>> causes the crash.
>
> Yeah, I've also seen that with valgrind couple of times. Took a while
> to figure out what on earth happened when I saw that for the first time
> ;-).

It happens w/out valgrind too...but it seems then it crashes down in
libcrypto.  Basically, I guess it is just a bad idea to over-write
shared libraries and/or apps that use them while the app is running!

We can't seem to reproduce the crash any other way, and valgrind
runs are otherwise pretty clean, so I think all is well.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>