Downloading stops when change the working channel/band!!!

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Dec 2 08:13:00 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 04:50:13PM +0200, Amr Al-Hamad wrote:
> ???? I am using AR9280 wireless card and E2000 linksys router to be able to connect to 5 GHz band. The problem happens when I begin
> a downloading process from internet, then change the working channel or band via GUI during this downloading process. The
> downloading stops.

What do you mean with "GUI" in this context and is the exact operation
you do here? Why would you change the channel at that point?

>I want to ask if I could solve this problem (prevent the stopping) via wpa_supplicant? Also I want to ask if this
> stopping happens due to the authentication/ association processes?

It is difficult to say, because that description was not very clear on
what exactly happened.