wpa_supplicant messes with keyboard

mmodem00
Wed Aug 31 21:44:32 PDT 2011

2011/8/29 Klaus M?ller <kmueller at justmail.de>:
> Z? schrieb:
>> 2011/8/29 Klaus M?ller <kmueller at justmail.de>:
>>> Z? schrieb:
>>> [...]
>>
>> The problems starts happening when wpa-supplicant runs, and it
>> continues afecting the mouse and the keyboard and not just the
>> keyboard when using from git like i referred in previous comments.
>>
>> So this problem can be triggered by th wifi driver?
>
> wpa_supplicant has to start the hardware with the driver. If you stop
> wpa_supplicant, the hardware is stopped again (by wpa_supplicant).
> That's why it could be a driver issue.
>
>> when running dmesg it shows too much outputs of the wifi driver
>> (almost like a loop).
>
> This sounds bad.
>
>> But im attaching the ddesg output.
>>
>>> Surely. Which hardware / driver do you use? Which kernel (version)?
>>> 32/64 bit? Do you use compat-wireless (which version)?
>>
>> Currently im running a kernel-3.0.3 and its 64bits.
>> Since i remember using wpa_supplicant this always happened, no matter
>> if i used kernel-2.6.38 or the 3.0.x versions.
>>
>> This is the wifi driver:
>> rtl8192ce: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.|Device 8176 [NETWORK_OTHER]
>> (vendor:10ec device:8176 subv:10ec subd:9196) (rev: 01)
>

> According http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/10ec/8176 ..., it's a Realtek
> RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
> (http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/10ec/8176).
>
> I don't know, which driver you're really using. I would try
> the official driver (if you not already use it). You can get it here
> (one line):
>
> http://218.210.127.131/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=48&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8188CE
>
> According this entry, this driver should work (one line again):
> http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/hardware-compatibility-list/34817-realtek-rtl8188ce.html
>

> Klaus

Well i have installed the latest official driver from Realtek and
seams to have resolved some but not all.

When booting and after log in i see that theres 2 wpa_supplicant
instances running and im still with those problems, mouse hanging, and
keyboard repeating, but if i kill the wpa_supplicant triggered by
initscripts and stay only with the wpa_supplicant instance triggered
by NetworkManager than the mouse and keyboard behave fine.

So the initscript that calls wpa_supplicant is
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth and runs:

wpa_supplicant -B -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D wext

and seams due to this instance that mouse and keyboard continue with
that weird behaviour.

Can anyone comment?

--
Z?