How to set probe resp WPS IE through nl80211 interface

Janusz Dziedzic janusz.dziedzic
Tue Aug 2 08:42:21 PDT 2011

2011/8/2 Stone <stonezju at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> ??? Could someone tell me that,?when wpa_supplicant works as AP, how does
> wpa_supplicant set probe resp WPS IE through nl80211 interface? The beacon
> IE is able to?be configured through set_beacon in driver_nl80211.c, while
> there is no accomplishment for set_ap_wps_ie.

Our firmware also require this functionality - we need setup
beacon/probe_resp frames as a firmware templates.
Seems, this could be usefull implementation.

We have temporary solution for set_ap_wps_ie - we are sending this
info via nl80211 test_mode command, but seems real implementation is
required.
For most cases also "copy" from beacon template to probe_res works
fine, but this not cover all cases eg. p2p

BR
--
Janusz Dziedzic