hostapd BSSID configuration

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Apr 18 02:17:44 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:40:10PM +0200, wonko2k at gmx.net wrote:
> have a little problem on creating an BSSID configuration with the lastest stable hostapd version.

And what version exactly would that be? 0.7.3? I was unable to
reproduce this with either the current stable branch 0.7.x or the
current development branch 0.8.x.

> MAC on wlan0 changed from 48:5d:60:7c:bd:fa to 48:5d:60:7c:bd:f0

That should not happen unless you explicitly configure the bssid value
for the main interface. Could you please send "ifconfig -a" output from
before running hostapd and then again after having tried to start
hostapd? Please also include the exact hostapd.conf file you used in the
test.