Assign ip address to virtual p2p interface

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Apr 8 23:23:49 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 12:05:18PM +0530, hardik patel wrote:
> After p2p_connect command we are able to form the group successfully.
>
> <3>P2P-GROUP-FORMATION-SUCCESS
> <3>P2P-GROUP-STARTED p2p-wlan0-0 GO ssid="DIRECT-0m" freq=2412
> passphrase="2vusOfd8" go_dev_addr=00:0a:f5:11:11:23
>
> I want to give ip address to p2p-wlan0 interface. in ifconfig it is
> showing interface properly.

In addition to using the correct interface name (that p2p-wlan0-0 shown
in the event), you should note that P2P GO is required to run a DHCP
server and the most common way of getting the IP address configured on
the client is to use DHCP client. The
wpa_supplicant/examples/p2p-action.sh script for wpa_cli action mode
shows how you can use dnsmasq and dhclient to do this automatically
based on those P2P-GROUP-STARTED events.