is it possible to dynamically change channels in hostapd

Serene Gud serene_gud
Tue Apr 5 09:00:55 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>
Date: Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Subject: Re: is it possible to dynamically change channels in hostapd
To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 08:07:28PM +0530, Serene Gud wrote:

> I am using hostapd 0.8.x development version with ath9k driver. Is there any option in hostapd by which we can change the channel dynamically in hostapd?

There is currently no support for doing this without changing the

configuration and restarting hostapd.

--

Jouni Malinen ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?PGP id EFC895FA

What Configuration file do we need to change to support this?

Thanks,
SGS

HostAP at lists.shmoo.com

'Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending..'