wpa_supplicant: How to set authentication time?

mike4658 at freenet.de mike4658
Thu Oct 28 12:12:02 PDT 2010

> > Hello,
> >

> > I think I have a problem with the authentication time
> > ("Authentication with 00:12:da:9e:60:00 timed out.").
> > How can I set the authentication time ("Setting authentication
> > timeout: 3 sec 0 usec") to 5 or 10 seconds?
> >
> > I installed wpa_cli to do so but I get the following (error)
> > message when I start wpa_cli:
>
> This can also be driver problems.  Just upping the timeout may not
> necessarily fix the issue.  First I'd try getting some driver
> debugging
> to figure out *why* the driver cannot associate within the time
> given.
>
> Dan

How can I debug the driver? Sorry, if this is a newbie question, but I am a newbie. Thankfully one isn't a
newbie forever.

But still I would like to try to set the authentication time. Maybe somebody can help.

Thanks,

Mike