Problem with EAP-TTLS authentication, log file inside - need help!

mike4658 at freenet.de mike4658
Tue Oct 26 08:45:56 PDT 2010

Hello,

my hardware is a Linksys WRT54GL router with OpenWRT kamikaze 8.09 RC1 (brcm47xx) and wpa_supplicant installed.
I want wo connect to a WLAN with EAP-TTLS authentication.
I configured the wpa_supplicant.conf as forced by the provider and have a certificate file.
But the authentication is not working.

Here is the end of the log file (I logged with the option "-d"):

X509: Did not find any of the issuers from the list of trusted certificates
TLSv1: Server certificate chain validation failed (reason=6)
TLSv1: Send
SSL: 7 bytes left to be sent out (of total 7 bytes)
EAP: method process -> ignore=FALSE methodState=MAY_CONT decision=FAIL
EAP: EAP entering state SEND_RESPONSE
EAP: EAP entering state IDLE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state RESPONSE
EAPOL: txSuppRsp
TX EAPOL: dst=00:12:da:9e:60:00
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state RECEIVE
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
RX EAPOL from 00:12:da:9e:60:00
EAPOL: Received EAP-Packet frame
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state REQUEST
EAPOL: getSuppRsp
EAP: EAP entering state RECEIVED
EAP: Received EAP-Failure
EAP: EAP entering state FAILURE
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state HELD
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state FAIL
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
EAPOL authentication completed unsuccessfully
RTM_NEWLINK: operstate=0 ifi_flags=0x1003 ([UP])
Wireless event: cmd=0x8b15 len=20
Wireless event: new AP: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
Added BSSID 00:12:da:9e:60:00 into blacklist
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

What does this
"X509: Did not find any of the issuers from the list of trusted certificates
TLSv1: Server certificate chain validation failed (reason=6)"
mean?
Who can help me?
Is the authentication time too short? I think my USB WLAN adapter takes more time to authenticate.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

FreeLotto - das kostenlose Lotto von freenet!
Jeden Tag die Chance auf 2 Millionen Euro nutzen.
Jetzt gratis Lotto spielen auf http://freelotto.freenet.de!