How to log what's happening during 802.1X EAP-TTLS authentification?

mike4658 at freenet.de mike4658
Fri Oct 22 11:36:28 PDT 2010

Hello,

I get this messages while connecting to an AP with wpa_supplicant:

CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP vendor 0 method 21 (TTLS) selected
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
How can I get a detailed log of what's happening during the EAP-TTLS authentification?
What exactly fails?

I copied the wpa_supplicant configuration file from my ISP.
My hardware is a Linksys WRT54GL router with OpenWRT kamikaze 8.09 RC1 (brcm47xx) installed.

Is openssl needed for an EAP-TTLS authentification with wpa_supplicant?

I hope, somebody can help me.
Thank you in advance.

Mike

FreeLotto - das kostenlose Lotto von freenet!
Jeden Tag die Chance auf 2 Millionen Euro nutzen.
Jetzt gratis Lotto spielen auf http://freelotto.freenet.de!