EAP-TLS - Authentication succeeds with in-correct "private_key_passwd"

saurav barik saurav.barik
Thu Oct 7 12:22:24 PDT 2010

I agree - PMKSA caching is a good feature. But it should not force to
skip the need for a reauth. A user might try to change his TLS
certificates/password at the run-time and edit the wpa_supplicant.conf
for the new configs. In this case, wpa_supplicant should have a
provision to start a reauth session because the certificates are
changed. In this case user is not breaking a working config - he just
wants to use new configuration. As of now, the only way the new config
can take effect is by restarting the running wpa_supplicant. Would not
it be better, if we can have a similar mechanism with a running
wpa_supplicant?

If we need to re-run wpa_supplicant every time TLS certs are changed,
then logon/logoff options from wpa_cli is redundant. Please correct me
if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Saurav