link wpa_supplicant with OpenSSL 1.0.0a manual build

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos
Fri Nov 12 06:37:12 PST 2010

Hello all,

                I am having 10.04 ubuntu machines that come with openssl
0.9.8k. In my wpa_supplicant, hostapd and freeradius setup I would like to
use openssl 1.0.0a. Since that is not available in ubuntu's repository, I
downloaded it from openssl.org and build it just fine (./config, make, make
test and make install according to INSTALL file finished successfully) in
/usr/local/ssl which is NOT the default path for openssl in ubuntu.

                I am now guessing that I should recompile wpa_supplicant to
use my manual build of openssl 1.0.0a in /usr/local/ssl. Is there a config
flag to define that when building wpa_supplciant, something like ./config
--openssldir=/usr/local/ssl  ?

                Thanks a lot in advance,

                Panos