P2P IDLE state and connect / ProvisionDiscovery

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Nov 4 10:11:11 PDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 05:50:18PM +0100, Fabien Marotte wrote:
> Looking at the code, I understand that being in IDLE state should not be
> a problem. However it looks to don't work.

If you do not enable extended listen timing, IDLE state means that the
device is not listening to any messages and as such, not replying to
provisioning discovery is expected. In other words, if you want to be
discoverable, you will either need to leave the device in find or listen
state or to enable extended listen timing (p2p_ext_listen) to make it
periodically go to listen state for a short duration.