BUG in wpa_supplicant from GIT HEAD

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 27 22:28:04 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 03:00:43PM +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> Is there a specific reason that calls to driver-functions use "void *"?

The struct wpa_driver_ops functions will need to handle different
structure types, i.e., they are driver specific. It would be possible to
change the internal calls to use more specific types and add wrapper
functions for the driver_ops calls, but I'm not sure whether this would
worth the extra code.

Over the eight year time, this nl80211 design change was the first time
a driver wrapper changed the structure type. While this did indeed
introduce couple of bugs, I hope they have now been found and fixed.

> Because of the usage of void *, the compiler wasn't able to detect that
> wpa_driver_nl80211_authenticate() called wpa_driver_nl80211_set_key()
> with an invalid pointer.

Thanks, I applied the patch.