external registrar

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Mar 10 01:13:35 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 04:35:03PM +0800, long shawn wrote:
> Does hostapd support extarnal registrar?
> What I mean is, hostapd used as a registrar for other APs.And I find the
> file wps_er.c from the code base,but it isn't used in any Makefile.
> So, how can i use it to inplement a registrar?

hostapd does not include ER functionality, but wpa_supplicant does. I'm
not sure what the hostapd use case for this would be, but if you can
describe what you would like to do, it should be relatively
straightforward to make hostapd support that functionality, too.
wpa_supplicant/Makefile includes the ER implementation with
CONFIG_WPS_ER=y is set in .config. hostapd could do the same and then
the main missing part would be to provide some kind of control interface
to allow the ER operations to be managed.