New D-Bus API and Config File

Phillip Nixon phillipnixon49
Tue Jan 5 10:28:04 PST 2010

Hello,

I am implementing a gui applet (similiar in wireless functionality to
Network Manager) using the new D-Bus API. I would like to be able to have a
user enter a PSK for a new network, and then write that network block into
wpa_supplicant's configuration file. Are any plans to allow the D-Bus API to
do that?

Obviously there are security concerns here, and I see from past mailings
that some of these have been discussed, but I have not seen anything in
regards to the writing of the configuration file.

Thanks.

Phillip