how to use hostapd as a radius server to handle eap-sim and eap-aka

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jan 1 13:29:32 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 09:53:40AM +0800, John wrote:
> i want to use the hostapd as a external radius server to handle eap-sim and eap-aka authentication request.followed the config file exmaples,it says that i need an eap_sim_db file,but i don't know how to fill in that file,could someone give me an example ? what parameters needed,and how to formalize it?

Which hostapd version are you using? The included hostapd.conf file
should describe eap_sim_db option and the recommended use of hlr_auc_gw
tool. Running hlr_auc_gw without command line parameters will display
its usage information and hostapd.sim_db and hlr_auc_gw.milenage_db
files include examples showing the format used for configuring triplets
for EAP-SIM and Milenage parameters for EAP-AKA.