wpa_supplicant error when usb stick tries to connect to AP

Malte Gell malte.gell
Mon Sep 28 07:08:30 PDT 2009

Hello!

Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:09:18PM +0200, Malte Gell wrote:
> > I have a Fritz! USB WLAN N stick and a Netgear router / access point. I
> > use the Windows drivers with ndiswrapper.
>
> Is there a model number on that device? Which NDIS driver are you using?
> How does it show up in "lsusb" output? There is a native Linux driver
> for some AVM Fritz! WLAN USB devices (see
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ar9170) and you might have
> better luck with it or at least more likely get help with that rather
> than ndiswrapper.

The native driver does not work for the 802.11n stick as far as I know... but
the linux-wireless folks work on a driver.

In the meantime I solved the issue by simply giving back that stick and change
it to a Netgear WN111v2 stick which works with ar9170 driver.

Regards
Malte