[patch] WPS: SelectedRegistrar expiration timeout for PIN connection

Andriy Tkachuk andriy.v.tkachuk
Fri Oct 30 09:48:23 PDT 2009

Hello folks.

Though we have such timeout (see $subj) when handling
SetSelectedRegistrar UPnP message from external registrar (see
wps_registrar_set_selected_registrar() in src/wps/wps_registrar.c -
http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=blob;f=src/wps/wps_registrar.c;h=cfe63aeb5e6cdf07ed3649844cc6cb8fae194461;hb=HEAD#l2687),
it looks like we don't have the one when internal registrar is activated
for PIN connection. Thus we set the SelectedRegistrar flag when AP is
activated for PIN connection
(http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=blob;f=src/wps/wps_registrar.c;h=cfe63aeb5e6cdf07ed3649844cc6cb8fae194461;hb=HEAD#l534)
but we don't ever reset it - not by some timeout, nor when registration
succeeded. This lead to situations when AP everlasting declare that it
is activated for WPS PIN connection when in reality it is not.

Maybe I'm missing something and it is how it was designed - not sure. So
I tried to solve it somehow with attached patch. Comments are welcome!

Thank you,
    Andriy