Problem not able to flash a Prism2 PCMCIA 8002 card

Steve Gladden steve
Tue Oct 27 11:47:11 PDT 2009

Pavel > thanks for your quick reply and help with the bad link..
Beside all of that I swear I also tried it with hthe proper firmware
version as I have my own local cache of all the prism2 firmwares :-)

I will check again my work and report back but I believe I am still
getting the same problem trying to flash with the correct version firmware
as detailed.. and I still get the (firmware not compatible) type error
regardless if I flash with the -i option or not.

Will try this again later today and report back with results.
THANKS

Steve

> On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 18:00 -0400, Steve Gladden wrote:
>
>> This site:
>> http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=prism2_flashing&DokuWiki=
>> sugggests I can flash the older 8002 with
>>
>> ./prism2_srec -v -f wlan0 s1010506.hex
>> As downloaded from a site he suggests.
>> But of course I'm getting the same error..
>
> I don't think the error would be the same.  But the page you are
> referring to has a wrong download link, so maybe you actually used
> sf010506.hex, but didn't reproduce the command line correctly in the
> message.
>
> The commands for older chips should be
>
> wget http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/firmware/1.5.6/s1010506.hex
> ./prism2_srec -v -f wlan0 s1010506.hex -P pda
>
> Copying the page maintainer to have it fixed.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pavel Roskin
>
> --