hostap with ralink on alpha

Alexander Kotelnikov sacha
Fri Nov 20 08:51:53 PST 2009

Hi.

I built 2.6.30 (.31 did not built right away - gcc-4.2 has a bug with
-Os on alpha, while I was digging this I saw reports in this list that
something is wrong with hostapd on .31, so I took previous stable
kernel).

Hostapd 0.6.9 worked without WEP and WPA, but once I enabled WPA2 my
alpha machine crashed in a minute and after reboot I had not found any
traces of what happened.

I had not found any 0.7.x snapshots on hostap site, so I cloned git tree
and built it. I had not configured any authentication, will wait till
tomorrow with it.

How should I grab information if snapshot crash my machine also?

Thans,
Alexander