Right access to Named pipe is rejected on Windows

DJ_TBX !@# ze.dj.tbx
Wed Mar 18 02:23:22 PDT 2009

Hello,

First, I would like to thank the one(s) who port wpa_supplicant to Windows !

I have wpa_supplicant service working on Windows 2000 SP4, the network
is working.

I would like to let all authenticated users edit the wpa_supplicant
configuration, but when I start wpa_gui or wpa_cli, they can't
communicate with wpasvc.

I used the equivalent of strace on Windows :
<http://www.howzatt.demon.co.uk/NtTrace/>

The problem is that the wpa_cli doesn't have the right to access the
named pipes, he can't read it :
NtCreateFile( 0x22f35c [0],
SYNCHRONIZE|GENERIC_READ|GENERIC_WRITE|0x80, "\??\pipe\WpaSupplicant",
0x0022F330 [0x2c/0x0022f358], null, 0, 0, 1, 0x60, null, 0 ) =>
0xc0000022 [5 'Acc?s refus?.']

Here is the value of all ctrl_interface set in the Registry :
SDDL=D:(A;;GA;;;AU)

According to the README-Windows.txt this would allow all the
authenticated users to access the named pipe.

Does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

--
Cheers,
DJ_TBX