hostapd and dnsmasq

GNUtoo GNUtoo
Thu Jun 11 12:44:45 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 19:21 +0000, Jhonny Boy wrote:
> Hello
> I am using gentoo and I would like to set up on open acces point to share my internet connection. I would like to use dnsmasq for this task.
>
> I didn't anydocumentation on this except this page that doesn't work any more : http://us.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_libnl_AP
>
> I am currently having this message :
>  * Caching service dependencies ...   [ ok ]
>  * Starting hostapd ...
> Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
> Line 17: unknown configuration item ' driver'
> Line 180: no authentication algorithms allowed
> 2 errors found in configuration file '/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf'
>
> hostapd.conf contain,
> line 17 :  driver=nl80211
> line 180 : auth_algs=0
hi,
it seems that you are using gentoo...
if I remember well,when I made this howto the hostap ebuild checked for
some headers in the kernel before enabling nl80211 driver...but now it's
enabled by default
which version of hostapd did you emerge?
(by the way I'm not an hostap expert...I just made it work on my router
and wrote this howto)
Denis.