EAP: buildIdentity: configuration was not available; any suggestion?

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Jun 10 12:10:56 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 03:21:18PM +0700, Pongsak Tawankanjanachot wrote:

>     According to the case, we can reproduce by this way too.
>    1) start wpa_supplicant at the STA first. It will keep scanning for
> suitable AP.
>    2) turn on the configured AP (I use 3Com WL524)
>    3) wpa_supplicant keeps showing this message
>
> Try to find non-WPA AP
> Already associated with the selected AP.

..

Could you please include all the messages from the beginning of
wpa_supplicant run?

> EAP: Received EAP-Request id=0 method=1 vendor=0 vendorMethod=0
> EAP: EAP entering state IDENTITY
> CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
> EAP: EAP-Request Identity data - hexdump_ascii(len=0):
> EAP: buildIdentity: configuration was not available

For this to happen, wpa_supplicant would have needed to have cleared the
configuration data for the network and that should not happen if the
driver is reporting association events properly. There are couple of
disconnection cases where the configuration data is cleared and I would
like go through the debug log in detail to try to figure out whether any
of those could be happen before we get here. The "Already associated
with the selected AP" part may be indicating such a path and it should
be possible to work around this either by forcing a disassociation here
or by updating the configuration data if a suitable association is
already detected.