Integrated server operation?

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jun 5 07:32:46 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 11:05:52AM -0500, Michael Kurecka wrote:
> Is the eap_mschapv2.c and eap_peap.c classes in the src/eap_server directory
> for use with the integrated server for hostapd? I setup a client to use
> PEAP/MSCHAPv2 and none of the methods were used from these two classes
> except to register.

src/eap_server/* files are for EAP server and they are linked into
hostapd if you are building a binary that integrates the EAP server
functionality. In addition to the build configuration, you would also
need to configure hostapd to actually use the internal EAP server
instead of forwarding the requests to an external authentication server
(eap_server=1 and related parameters in hostapd.conf).