How can I set WPS IE in 802.11 management frame with NDIS driver ?

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Jan 20 03:34:59 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 07:35:28PM +0900, ????? wrote:

> It seems that there are no suitable OIDs to set WPS IEs in management frames in NDIS specification of 802.11 wireless LAN objects.  Is it right ?

It depends a bit on which version of NDIS you are using. As far as NDIS
5 is concerned, in theory, setting OID_802_11_ASSOCIATION_INFORMATION
could be used to add WPS IE into (re)association request, but I don't
know whether any NDIS driver actually implements set for this OID. In
addition, adding WPS IE to Probe Request would not work with this OID.

I would expect that this would need to a vendor specific OID at least
for NDIS 5 drivers.. Luckily, most of the WPS functionality is available
without adding the WPS IE in Probe Request or (Re)Association Request
frames.