wpa_gui and WEP modes

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jan 17 03:52:16 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 01:29:39PM -0700, Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> I have experience with Qt, but not yet with writing KDE apps.  Will
> let you know if I find anything.
>
> In general you can use QSettings to save state, but maybe KDE has a
> more tailored mechanism.

Thanks. I don't actually want to use anything KDE-specific here.
QSettings with QApplication::{saveState,isSessionRestored,sessionId}
turned out to be relatively simple solution for this. The current
development snapshot of wpa_gui-qt4 should now remember the state (in
tray or not) it was in when session manager terminated it and restore
the state if session manager starts the application automatically.

When trying to test this, I noticed that Gnome does not actually support
session restoring at all in the current stable version (great..).
Anyway, this worked fine with KDE and I would expect that it would work
with Gnome, too, if session manager were behaving.