Which drivers support new wpa_supplicant WPS functionality?

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jan 10 01:06:04 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 05:59:56PM -0800, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> I was delighted to see the release notes from wpa_supplicant v0.6.7 which indicate WPS support has been integrated.  I'd like to try this out, so I'm curious which drivers support this.

It should work with more or less all drivers. Not that I have done very
thorough testing, but so far, I have not seen any driver that would not
have worked. I would certainly be interested if someone finds a driver
that does not work.

You won't get WPS IE in Probe Request frames with most drivers, but that
is not required functionality and APs are required to accept this.
Furthermore, many drivers won't include WPS IE in (Re)Association
Request either, but again, that is allowed behavior. If the driver
refuses to associate to a WPA/WPA2 AP without WPS/RSN IE when requested
(i.e., with WPA disabled), that would probably end up causing problems,
but I would expect most drivers to not have such a limitation.