hostapd with test driver

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jan 5 10:28:58 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 09:32:51AM -0800, Agrawal, Sachin wrote:

> I downloaded latest version of hostapd i.e. 5.11 and compiled it with
> CONFIG_DRIVER_TEST=y flag in my .config file.
>
> I am trying to run hostapd as RADIUS server only. Therefore, my .config file
> is something like this:

> CONFIG_DRIVER_TEST=y
> CONFIG_EAP=y
> CONFIG_EAP_SIM=y
> CONFIG_RADIUS_SERVER=y

> When I am running hostapd with 'driver=test' in my .conf file, I am getting
> an error
>
> "invalid/unknown driver 'test'".

I was unable to reproduce this. Are you sure you built all files of
hostapd after changing .config? Please try running "make clean; make" to
make sure the hostapd binary is built using the correct configuration.

PS.

There has been number of cleanups in RADIUS server only operation in
0.6.x branch (driver=none is now used instead of test) and there was
also couple of fixes to EAP-SIM that you may want to get and as such, I
would recommend considering version 0.6.6 instead of 0.5.11.