wpa_supplicant not working with speedport w303 accesspoint

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Feb 26 04:56:49 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:07:21PM +0100, Jan Marc Hoffmann wrote:

> i ve been following your tip and recorded the communication between the
> ap and the client. Broadcasts and other communications are filtered out.
>
> http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~exelnet/wlan-capture

Thanks. It looks like the driver is disconnecting pretty much
immediately after the association. Do you happen to be running
NetworkManager? It can get very unhappy about network connections that
it does not know about and ask the driver to disconnect.. I would
suggest a test with NetworkManager (or any other program that could try
to manage the network) to be disabled when running wpa_supplicant.