wpa_supplicant: disable PMKSA caching?

Helmut Schaa helmut.schaa
Mon Feb 16 10:57:31 PST 2009

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2009 schrieb Jouni Malinen:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 05:42:55PM +0100, Helmut Schaa wrote:
>
> > I did not find a way to disable PMKSA caching. proactive_key_caching seems
> > to affect only opportunistic key caching.
> >
> > Is there any way to disable PMKSA caching in general?
>
> Apart from modifying source code, no, there is no option for doing this
> when using RSN/WPA2.

Hmm, ok. Thanks.

> Why would you like to disable it?

I'm currently debugging a driver race which inhibits WPA-EAP connections if
PMKSA-caching is used => I'd like to disable it for debugging purposes. For
common usage disabling it does not make much sense.

Do you think it's worth to add a config entry to enable/disable PMKSA caching?

Helmut