Problem with fast re-authentication in EAP-PEAPv0

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 14 07:20:26 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 01:41:21PM +0100, Patrick Beckmann wrote:

> I use an Ubuntu 8.10 machine to connect to a network with WPA2 and
> EAP-PEAPv0. I can connect without problems, but I found that it fails to
> re-authenticate, if the (default) fast variant is activated. There is
> always a failure in the EAP-PEAPv0 TLS handshake:

Which authentication server is used here?

> Peer							Authenticator
> 	Client Hello -->
> 	<-- Server Hello, Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Mesg.
> 	Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message -->
> 	<-- EAP-Failure

Could you please send me verbose debug output from wpa_supplicant (-dd
on command line)?

> Or is there a possibility to disable fast reauthentication in
> wpa_supplicant ("fast_reauth=0"), if it is run with the D-Bus control
> interface in use?

It does not look like there would be such a command in the current D-Bus
control interface.