wpa_supplicant 0.6.4 (possibly) sends malformed data

Milan Plzik milan.plzik
Tue Feb 10 07:37:48 PST 2009

V Pondelok, 9. febru?r 2009 o 22:53 +0200, Jouni Malinen nap?sal(a):
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:19:16PM +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
>
> > It looks like there could be something wrong in the GnuTLS interface
> > when using application data in the TLS tunnel. This works fine with
> > OpenSSL, but I did manage to reproduce at least some issues when using
> > GnuTLS.
>
> Found and fixed (1). It looks like GnuTLS may have started adding random
> padding to application data in some of the recent versions (or well,
> something after the initial wpa_supplicant wrapper implementation) and
> wpa_supplicant was not prepared on the TLS library using that much extra
> padding which forced the messages to be truncated.

  I just tested 0.6.4 with (1) applied; it seems to work fine (I
re-associated few times and so far successfully). Thank you a lot :)

	Milan