association results with mgmt::unknown error

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Feb 8 10:29:33 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 09:42:31PM +0200, Kevin Wilson wrote:

> When I try association and authentication by running from that nearby machine,
> I get this error in the hostapd logs (on stdout):
> mgmt::unknown

Which version of hostapd are you using? I could not find such a message
from the current version..

> Any idea why this error ?

I would suggest using a wireless sniffer to capture the frames sent by
the client in order to figure out what is happening.