lots of undefined references for dynamic eap methods if gnutls isn't used as tls implementation

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 7 00:14:15 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 01:36:41AM +0100, Daniel Mierswa wrote:
> When using CONFIG_EAP_*=dyn, CONFIG_DYNAMIC_EAP_METHODS=y and
> CONFIG_TLS=gnutls or CONFIG_TLS=internal than the linking fails with:

> config_file.c:(.text+0x1e1): undefined reference to `is_nil_uuid'
> config_file.c:(.text+0xace): undefined reference to `uuid_bin2str'
> config_file.c:(.text+0xc40): undefined reference to `uuid_str2bin'
> config_file.c:(.text+0xc59): undefined reference to `uuid_bin2str'
> ctrl_iface.c:(.text+0x52f): undefined reference to `wpas_wps_start_pbc'

These are not because of CONFIG_TLS option, but because of
CONFIG_EAP_WSC=dyn not really working. I so not much point for being
able to build this particular EAP method as a dynamic module and I just
removed that option from Makefile to avoid this link problem.

> The same does not occur if i use CONFIG_TLS=openssl

That would be quite surprising and I would expect there was some other
differences in the configuration file, too. I can reproduce (or well,
could reproduce before removing CONFIG_EAP_WSC=dyn from Makefile) this
with OpenSSL.