wpa_cli select nework x -> causes what?

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Feb 4 11:59:22 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 03:53:50PM +0100, ArneKeller at gmx.de wrote:

> can someone tell me which functions are called when doing a "wpa_cli
> select nework x".

The source code is available and the best source to answer a question
like this.. See wpa_supplicant_ctrl_iface_select_network() in
ctrl_iface.c.

> This causes a card down time of 300ms where no packets where forwarded
> to the kernel.

If you are using ap_scan=1, quite a bit of time is used to run through a
scan of all supported channels. 300 ms is actually quite fast for this
and I would assume you are using 2.4 GHz only card which limits the
number of scanned channels.