How to handle multiple SSIDs with the same BSS

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Dec 30 14:25:22 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:48:51PM +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> OK. I started working on common dbus code that both the old and new
> interface share. This compiles, but I have not yet run any tests on it.
> Anyway, this looks quite straightforward, so I would hope to get this
> into working condition in the near future.

It seemed to actually work based on quick tests, so I committed the
changes. This should make the D-Bus code paths easier to understand when
both old and new interfaces are included. I haven't done thorough
testing yet, so no promises that I did not break anything while going
through the changes.. In addition, I did not notice any clear place
where the previous duplicated code would actually have ended up
triggering the segfaults that showed backtraces with both old and new
D-Bus functions. Anyway, the end result should be quite a bit easier to
maintain, so its a good direction to take even if it did not fix the
problems.

As an extra bonus, this removed quite a bit of duplicated code:

 Makefile                     |    7
 dbus/dbus.c                  |  406 +-----------------------------------------
 dbus/dbus.h                  |   13 -
 dbus/dbus_common.h           |   26 ++