Issues w/ libraries when building both hostapd and wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Dec 17 14:22:55 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:20:10PM -0800, Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
> I noticed that if I build both targets out of the same source-tree, then I end up with undefined symbols:

> Is there any way to build the libraries into separate object directories, one for linking against hostap and another for wpa_supplicant?

No (well, apart from modifying the Makefile to do this).

> That will save me having to do a "make -C ../src clean" before each target (application).

This is being cleaned up, so hopefully you will eventually be able to
build both components without having to clean object files. In this
particular example you mentioned, it might be possible to resolve the
conflict by enabling 802.11r on for both programs.