best setup?

jaivuk jaivuk
Thu Dec 3 13:50:59 PST 2009

I can try to install 2.6.32 if it is compiled in Fedora Koji (I don't think
I can compile)

So please choose kernel from
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8 and I will try
it.

Card/model is: D-Link DWA-552 802.11n

I also had to restart hostapd becuase when clients managed to connect, they
were disconnected after about 2-5 minutes and were not able to connect again
until I restarted hostapd. Also the strange thing was that DHCP was not
working properly, some initial DHCP communication
happened but then client never received IP address, so I had to use static
IPs. Once I downgraded to 2.6.30, all issues gone.

However, during browsing Fedora bugzila, I found a ticket for ath9k when
signal strength dropped after some update - I think I experience it as well,
but this is not critical for me.

Jaiv