wpa_supplicant with "ap_scan=1"

Paresh Sawant paresh.sawant
Mon Aug 31 11:41:46 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am running wpa_supplicant (0.5.11) on Linux. Following is my configuration -

ap_scan=1
network={
	ssid="example"
	proto=RSN
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	pairwise=CCMP
	group=CCMP
	psk="my example psk"
}

I would like to know -

1. Is it possible that the wpa_supplicant would perform the scanning
and do the BSS selection using the given network block ?
2. If there are more than one access points having configuration
similar to given network block, would wpa_supplicant to make
connection to an access point with better signal strength? In short,
would wpa_supplicant be able to roam?
3. In case of ap_scan=1, how frequently the scan operation is performed?

Thanks
- Paresh