trying to set up open access point with hostapd on ath5k

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Aug 28 13:40:25 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 02:20:00PM -0400, GregNorc wrote:
> I think. Anyways, I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.30.5-32 and still get
> the same error :/

Same question again.. Are you sure that AP mode is enabled in that
version? You could check with iw whether the driver reports support for
AP mode, but upgrading to 2.6.31 may be needed to get this working.