Create a new network

Pujeri, Prabhakar c_ppujer
Thu Aug 6 10:35:24 PDT 2009

I guess its wifi network  and both are stations in your two computers

Then you can connect through IBSS  Ad hoc    mode

If its IBSS then try this
Please try to use the following wpa_supplicant configuaration to check if association is o.k.

Here is several sample of configuration file for wpa_supplicant.conf.

1. Set the WPA supplicant in IBSS mode and  WPA supplicant scan the peer IBSS station.
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="ibss"
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=NONE
        mode=1
}

2. Set the WPA supplicant in IBSS mode and wireless driver scan the peer IBSS station.
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
update_config=1
ap_scan=2

network={
        ssid="ibss"
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=NONE
        mode=1
}

3.  Set the WPA supplicant in IBSS mode, WPA supplicant scan the peer IBSS station and set the IBSS channehl to 1.
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="ibss"