WPS with wpa_supplicant dbus control interface

Jaime Soriano Pastor jsoriano
Mon Apr 13 06:32:35 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 01:36:26PM +0200, Jaime Soriano Pastor wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use the dbus control interface of wpa_supplicant to
>> connect to a WPS access point without any success.
>
> The dbus interface does not yet support WPS.

I've exported the methods wpsPbc, wpsReg and wpsPin (patch attached),
so wpa_supplicant should be able to connect with WPS using the dbus
interface. I couldn't test it well because the problem seems to be in
my wireless card, a Broadcom BCM4328. At least it seems to do the same
using both interfaces. With ndiswrapper driver the "wpsie" entry
(thanks Dan!) didn't appear, and with the Broadcom wl driver it
appears but I cannot associate using WPS.

I could connect using an Atheros module and the command line control
interface (with wps_reg and wps_pbc, not with wps_pin). When I have
access to the laptop with the Atheros again I'll try the patched
supplicant, meanwhile it would be nice if someone could test it :)

Do you know if NetworkManager plans to support WPS?

Thanks!