Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and hostapd/wpa_supplicant

Andriy Tkachuk andriy.tkachuk
Fri Sep 19 09:17:31 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-28 20:14, Andriy Tkachuk wrote:
> Ok, meanwhile I published Jouni's WPS code at
> git://git.assembla.com/hostap-wps.git
> It already merged with latest hostap sources. Comments & patches are
> welcome.

I updated there Jouni's WPS code "a bit", so now wpa_supplicant can work
as Enrollee with, for example, following configuration file:

===================================
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
         ssid="any-ssid"
         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK WPA-EAP
         psk="bla bla bla"
         identity="WFA-SimpleConfig-Enrollee-1-0"

         # WPS PIN:
         #pin="12345670"

         # WPS PBC-PIN
         pin="00000000"
         priority=5
}

After successful WPS negotiation with AP confing file will be rewritten
with obtained credentials and supplicant will reconnect.

Regards,
   Andriy