Problems with EAP-TTLS/EAP-TLS - One Step further

Carolin Latze carolin.latze
Fri Oct 31 07:02:40 PDT 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Jouni Malinen wrote:
>
>> I cannot reproduce the same error. However, I do see issues with
>> FreeRADIUS 2.1.1 when using its default fragment_size setting (in
>> eap.conf). If I set fragment_size to 2048, I can complete authentication
>> with eapol_test. With fragment_size 1024 (and my certificate size..)
>> EAP-TLS seems to fail in all cases

Jouni, what is your certificate size? My keys are 1024 bit keys. I tried
to set the fragment size to 2048, but that didn't help. I tested with
2.1.1 and 2.1.2. EAP-TLS works also with a fragmen_size of 1024 with the
same certificates.