Which git to use: hostapd or hostapd-full

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Oct 30 11:56:32 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:27:57PM -0500, John Klehm wrote:

> Thanks for everyone's hard work on hostapd, I just had one question about git.
>
> I didn't see an explanation of the two repos: hostapd.git and
> hostapd-full.git.   Can anyone inform me?

hostap.git is the official source of current 0.6.x releases.
hostap-full.git is a repository that includes full history since the
beginning of the project and in addition, it includes support for WPS
which is currently not included in hostap.git.

If you need support for WPS, you will need to use hostap-full.git at
this point. If you do not need WPS, it would probably be better to use
hostap.git since that is identical with the current 0.6.x releases.